Monday, August 10, 2009

August 10: 1-mile run


What I wanted: 5:20. What I got: 5:28. It's obviously my best time ever, but I still have a long way to go if I'm gonna make 4:59. My unofficial deadline is still August 31.

I'm definitely dragging the most in my second and third lap, the third especially. I'm just too hesitant to go very hard on either of those because I'm worried about not having enough for a strong finish in my final lap.

What I wish I had was a good way to figure out my times at the end of each lap. The "lap" feature on my iPod stopwatch is just too hard to use without slowing down my pace for a few strides.

Accomplishing this feat is going to be A LOT harder than I ever thought it would. It's going to be very difficult to break 5 minutes outside of a race; it's just too easy to hold back when I'm running on my own. We'll see what happens over the next three weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment