Wednesday, August 19, 2009

August 19: ASU Ciruit Workout, and a fast 400


Tonight I did the Arizona State Circuit Workout, or so it is called by my "trainer." The 1st lap is 100 jog, 100 sprint, 100 jog, 100 sprint. The 2nd lap is 200 jog, 200 sprint. The 3rd lap is the same as 2nd, and the 4th lap the same as the 1st. Then you jog two laps and repeat.

The workout wasn't as exhausting as last night's, but I did feel like it worked up my fast-twitch muscles and my ability to speed up in the middle of a run. After all that I sprinted 100 yards on the football field, four times. It felt good to run on the grass.

After the workout I got on my bike and started to ride home, then stopped, realizing I still had some juice left in me. I turned around and went back to the track where I ripped out a 1:05 400M run. My new record!

I'll be taking the next few days off, which might be good a time for my muscles to rest and repair.

2 comments:

  1. 1:05?! After all that? Guess you just need a little time to warm up. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete