Monday, August 24, 2009

August 24: 3-mile run, after a few days off


I actually went out for an easy 3 or 4-mile run on Thursday last week, I just didn't bother to post it. After that I had a little time to relax over the weekend and put running aside.

Now it's Monday though, and I'm back to work. This evening I ran three miles in 19:11; not bad for an evening run. A month ago I couldn't run that time in a 5-K race. I'm definitely getting faster, but am I getting fast quickly enough?

I'll find out tomorrow, when I go for another 1-mile attempt. My wife has agreed to time me and shout lap times. I'm eager to know what my splits will be. I'm not expecting to break 5 tomorrow, but I think I can hit 5:15.

1 comment:

  1. I think I know that place. Me and some of my friends did backflips and backhandsprings down the hill. Is that on the coast of california? Is it like scamp site.

    ReplyDelete