Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 18: 400M intervals and a 200M race


I did my trainer's favorite workout today: six 400M intervals with only a 60-second break in between. Dang him to heck for coming up with it.

I felt pretty burned out after just my first two, and you can see I kind of took a dive on just my second interval: 1:13 - 1:17 - 1:13 - 1:16 - 1:15 - 1:14.

My times weren't any faster than last week, but my sixth 400 was 3 seconds faster than it was last week. That's a good sign. I guess I'm learning to handle lactic acid; like an old cowboy learns to handle old whiskey.

After my 400s I did a couple 200M runs. Then I started chatting with some guy that was also doing 200M intervals. His name was Ariel, from Uruguay, and he's 46. He was actually a semi-professional runner back in the day, taking third place in the marathon in the Uruguay nationals.

We raced in the 200M twice, and I humbly mention that I beat him both times. Anyway, nice guy.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I've never beat anyone from Uruguay before. Awesome possum.
    Can't wait to see you cruise around the track, boy.

    ReplyDelete