Wednesday, August 5, 2009

August 5: A full track, and some good news


Usually the track is fairly empty, but this evening seemed like "bring your kids and heavy-set friends to the track day." I had to dodge kids on bikes and large adults throughout my intervals. I don't mean to sound like a pompous runner, but what happened to track etiquette? If you're not running, get the heck out of lane 1!

Anyway...

Good news! I ran an 800 today in 2:29.32. I usually round up, but there's no need to in this instance. It's the longest I've run at sub 5-minute mile pace--my last 800 was around 2:42.

The 800 tired me out very much--I went out for another one but got tired and decided to make it a 400 instead. I ran a total of four 400s after my 800, and the times are as follows: 1:15, 1:13, 1:14, and 1:15. Then I finished the workout with four 100s, untimed.

No comments:

Post a Comment