Monday, August 17, 2009

August 17: Sore muscles and an 800M run


I had plans to do a pretty hard workout today, but I woke up this morning with some very sore muscles. Saturday was a light running day, but I did play two games of basketball so that must have done me in.

I considered taking the day off, knowing an injury would put an end to this thing (actually, that might not be so bad). Instead, I went for an easy jog down to the track, where I ran an 800. My time was 2:29.92, good for a sub 5-minute mile pace. I really didn't run all-out, so I was happy with the time. I think I could have run another lap at that pace.

I've got two tough interval days planned for this week, and I'll recover this weekend. Then next week I'll take another swing at my mile time. Batters up!

No comments:

Post a Comment