Monday, August 3, 2009

August 3: More 400Ms and an acid test


My trainer, i.e., some guy I've been talking to on an internet forum, said I need to run at least six 400s to test my "ability to handle lactic acid." I've never run more than four 400s in a single workout.

I'm not 100% sure what lactic acid is, but by my sixth lap this evening it felt like satan's vomit was running through my veins. Here's how I handled it, though:

1:10 - 1:15 - 1:14 - 1:13 - 1:14 - 1:12.

I was pretty happy about getting my time down as much as I did by my sixth lap. On July 7 my fourth 400M was 1:21, so I'm excited about such progress. However, it should be noted that my trainer said to try this workout with only a 60-second break in between intervals. My breaks were more like 2 minutes... but he doesn't need to know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment