Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July 14: 3-mile run ...and some mile trivia


Today was more of a distance day; I went out for a moderately paced 3-mile run. I was a little sore from last night's miracle mile, so I was going for more of a recovery run.

I came in at 20:11, which ain't bad. The last mile seemed pretty sluggish, though, so I still think I have a ways to go to get into good shape.

A couple fun facts about the mile run:

- Walter George ran the mile in 4:12 in 1886, and his time wasn't beat until 1915
- The first woman to break the 5-minute mile was Diane Leather, who did it in 1954

1 comment:

  1. You need to enter one of the local 5K races--you'll break 20 minutes, easily, and probably win a gift certificate for a free pizza while you're at it. You're so fast!! I can't believe you!

    ReplyDelete