Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July 22: 800's are a killer


I thought I really hated running 400M intervals, but 800's might be worse. I took a swing at four of them tonight. While I was happy to get through that many (I've had a hard time getting through four 400's), I wasn't real ecstatic with my times.

1st: 2:42
2nd: 2:43
3rd: 2:54
4th: 2:55

Big diff between the 2nd and 3rd, you probably noticed. I was just so tired and winded. My newest strategy is to spend more time over the next couple weeks working on distance, rather than speed. Gotta get those lungs in order!

For some reason there was a random 10-year old kid at the track, riding laps on his scooter. He was kicking his way along the concrete path inside of lane one. For some reason it's really hard to take your running seriously when you're running neck and neck with a kid on a scooter.

No comments:

Post a Comment