Monday, July 20, 2009

July 20: Gaining a bit of consistency


I read this article last night: http://www.wikihow.com/Run-a-Fast-Mile, and it made me wish I would have done a little research on a good training program before I plunged into this godforsaken goal.

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my training; I just randomly alternate short runs and long runs. Now I'm worried that I've blown the last 20 days that I've had to work on my goal.

Oh well, by August 31 I'll find out what is what.

I ran on down to the track this evening and churned out four 400-meter intervals. My first one took 1:11 and I was a bit dissappointed, seeing how I ran one in 1:09 over a week ago. I kept plugging away though, and the next three came in at 1:11, 1:12, and 1:11.

Obviously I was happy to have some consistency. Consecutively that would be a 4:45 mile, meaning I've got 14 seconds of slack to make my goal.

I finished with a Usain Bolt-like 100M sprint, which unfortunately went untimed.

No comments:

Post a Comment