Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July 29: 1-mile run, and more...


I just couldn't leave well enough alone.

I didn't feel ready for another 1-mile run, but I was anxious to know my time. So I rode my bike down to the track (to save energy) and took to the loop. After about one lap I felt my muscles get tired and I knew I was dragging. Things didn't get better in the remaining laps.

I ran the dang thing in 5:46, then looked around for a 2x4 to hit myself upside the head with. I was so mad. In fact, I was so mad I took off for a 400M run and came in at 1:09. Not bad. Then I took off for another 400M and came in at 1:26. Bad.

Again I was mad, so I moved over to lane 6 (I decided lane 1 was for winners, and I was not a winner--not tonight) and just ran laps.

I ran until I had a horrible side ache and my mouth was terribly dry with thrist. My bike was on the side of the track, with a full water bottle, but every time I passed my water bottle I told it to go to heck.

I ran until my side ache and thrist went away. I ran until I was dead tired. Then I ran until I wasn't tired anymore. I don't know how many laps I ran, probably 8 or 9. Then I sprinted for as long as I could.

After all that, I felt great. Right now my calves feel like their going to explode, and I probably won't be able to walk tomorrow. But I like to think I ran through my slump. I hope tonight was a turning point in my blasted quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment