Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 16: Working on my work-out music


I didn't run a meter today. I'm not dedicated enough to get up and run before work, so I usually run at night. Tonight I had a late, large dinner, so I wasn't really up to running on a full stomach. I've had enough side aches from hell to not do that again.

I didn't neglect my goal, though. I spent a good deal of time overhauling my workout playlist for my iPod. I believe a good, upbeat song can be the x-factor in a good run.

That being said, I've been wondering, what are the best running songs? Here is a few songs I think should be in contention:

This River is Wild, The Killers
Such Great Heights, The Postal Service
In This City, Igul & Hartly

2 comments:

  1. "Despite What You've Been Told" by the Two Gallants.

    Ross, since Russ most likely ain't running his marathon, you should make the 5 minute mile attempt a public event. Of course you'd have to feel pretty confident you could do it, as to not disappoint - but either way we could play some football afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ross, I'm sure our music preferences differ quite a bit, but I agree that a fast beat is a must. I don't like to hear my breathing while I'm running--just nice loud music that makes me feel like I'm not wheezing away.

    I like:
    "Move Along" by the All American Rejects
    "Cup of Life" by Ricky Martin (cheesy, I know, but it's got a good positive mental note that repeats itself a hundred times "Do you really want it? Do you really want it?"--works for me)!
    I also like "Don't Stop the Music" and "Pon de Replay" by Rihanna--good fast beat on both songs.

    I agree the mile attempt should be public. You can't recreate the adrenaline rush of an actual race. Find out when the next local 5K is---quite often those races also have a one-mile run. We'll all come and cheer for you.

    ReplyDelete