Monday, July 6, 2009

July 6: Intervals


Maybe this goal was a stupid idea. I ran the 400 today and came in at 1:14, AGAIN (that was my time last week). I really need to start whittling down my time. After my 400 I ran three 200s. They weren't timed, but I felt miserable through all of them so I'm sure they were sub par.

While I ran, there was some dude in the middle of the track practicing javelin throws. Not kidding. You want to talk about watching your back while you run... a javelin thrower will make you do just that.

After the javelin toss he moved on to the shot put, so I had to start worrying about getting bludgeoned instead of pierced.

What depressed me more than my unimproved 400 time was how tired I was after my intervals. I only live a mile from the track (and I jog to and from it, rather than drive) and I thought I'd pass out in the gutter before I made my way back home.

Here's to hoping for better/faster days!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you could get the javlin/shot put guy to run behind you while throwing and then maybe the adrenalin rush would make you run faster! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete